Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2012

Losing a friend

Why does it have to take a death to remind us to live?

Today I drove up to Norwich to attend the funeral of the wonderful Lucy Harvey.  Last year Lucy was diagnosed with Cancer and last weekend, as too often is the case with Cancer, it took her away from us.  She was still in her 30s.


I knew Lu from various film projects I've been involved with since 2007 and although I only really saw her on about 6 or 7 different occasions in those 5 years, the world is an emptier place without her.  She had the ability to feel like your best friend in the first few minutes of meeting her. 

The first time I met her was when she produced NFN or Normal for Norfolk.  It was a kind of 'preditor' short film.  Lots of guns, blood and a big green monster. Fantastic fun!  :-)

Cast and Crew from NFN (Lu is wearing a green scalf and standing next to me)


The next film was Fracture in 2008.  A week in Norwich filming a sci fi short with FX Home.  Lu had only just joined the company and was an integral part of making this film happen. 




The last film I did with Lu and FX Home was a couple of short scenes for their new software Hit Film.  I got to be an evil Belatrix style witch and a silver terminator.  Lu got me the great costume and helped to make the night shoot a fantastic experience.


Thank you for the great memories Lu, I will miss you.  You will always remind me how precious life is and how I should live every moment of it.